My overall reading goal is to read 100 books again but this year there shall be method to my madness. Lots of great blogs are running reading challenges that interest me so it makes sense to join these and my 100 books will just fall into place.
First up is the Being a Jane Austen Mystery Reading Challenge 2011 run by the austenprose blog.
I haven't read a single one of these and in fact hadn't even heard of them until I read about the challenge but they sound exactly like the sort of book I love. Austen and mystery, perfecto.
“For fourteen years, and to much acclaim, she has channeled our Jane beyond her quiet family circle into sleuthing adventures with lords, ladies and murderers. Cleverly crafted, this historical detective series incorporates actual events from Jane Austen’s life with historical facts from her time all woven together into mysteries that of course, only our brilliant Jane can solve.”Austenprose
As I want to read the whole series it puts me in the Aficionada 9 – 11 novels level of participation. Diving in at the deep end again.
- Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor (1996)
- Jane and the Man of the Cloth (1997)
- Jane and the Wandering Eye (1998)
- Jane and the Genius of the Place (1999)
- Jane and the Stillroom Maid (2000)
- Jane and the Prisoner of the Wool House (2001)
- Jane and the Ghosts of Netley (2003)
- Jane and His Lordship’s Legacy (2005)
- Jane and the Barque of Frailty (2006)
- Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron (2010)
- Jane and the Canterbury Tale (2011)
Rules for signs up can be found here.